Eklektikos: A Contemporary Christian Blog

Eklektikos is dedicated to providing informative, uplifting and inspirational news, articles and commentary to our readers, in our ongoing effort to share the love of Christ with others in this fallen world. To God be the glory! This is the blog version of our main webzine 'Eklektikos: A Contemporary Christian Digest.' Like our main webzine, this blog is updated weekly, unless circumstances require otherwise.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the executive editor of the webzine "Eklektikos: A Contemporary Christian Digest", a tireless researcher seeking a deeper and clearer knowledge regarding the past, present and future plight of Christians in our fallen world.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Here, Have A Green Card - It's On US!

More than 200,000 Central Americans in Los Angeles and nationwide could receive green cards under a bill introduced Friday by Rep. Howard Berman, D-Van Nuys.

Bill Would Give Some Central Americans Green Cards

Supported by Reps. Hilda Solis, D-El Monte, and Linda Sanchez, D-Lakewood, the Central American Security Act has languished in Congress several times in the past. But the lawmakers said they believe a looming free trade pact with Central America could breath new life and support into the bill.

And, yes... they all qualify for social security benefits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jot said...

Why not just tell everyone that the entire populace of the world are now officially citizens of the United States? I mean, wouldn't that be easier? And it would certainly defray the undoubtedly enormous cost of printing green cards for everyone who illegally smuggles themselves within our "borders."

As for the social security comment, I'd quit paying it if I had the choice - I don't think I'll ever live long enough to see the benefit from all that I've paid in to this point. Not because I've not submitted a significant amount of my hard-earned money to the program, but because I'm certain what I've sent in has already been given out to those who haven't.
And so goes life in America.

Peace, love and civility...

not1jot

"Be careful in revising those immigration laws of yours.
We got careless with ours."
- advice given to Herbert Humphrey by an American Indian from New Mexico

Sunday, July 24, 2005 2:10:00 PM  
Blogger Caete said...

Well, if we make them legal, then they have to pay into the system...more money for the government, but what is up with this "all-of-a-sudden" love affair with our neighbors to the south of us?

I know, I know, it's all about making us one big globalist community...

Can anyone say New World Order?

Monday, July 25, 2005 7:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home