Eklektikos: A Contemporary Christian Blog

Eklektikos is dedicated to providing informative, uplifting and inspirational news, articles and commentary to our readers, in our ongoing effort to share the love of Christ with others in this fallen world. To God be the glory! This is the blog version of our main webzine 'Eklektikos: A Contemporary Christian Digest.' Like our main webzine, this blog is updated weekly, unless circumstances require otherwise.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the executive editor of the webzine "Eklektikos: A Contemporary Christian Digest", a tireless researcher seeking a deeper and clearer knowledge regarding the past, present and future plight of Christians in our fallen world.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Tolerance Industry

Psychobabbler Abraham Maslow once said, "I sometimes think the world will either be saved by psychologists, in the very broadest sense, or it will not be saved at all."

This Tolerance Industry Is Killing Us

Many protestant churches began employing psychologists on staff. Jesus was no longer needed for salvation. God does not differentiate between sins. But the sins traditionalists once condemned are now being winked at in the name of tolerance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I guess we can tolerate anything except "traditional" Christianity.

Monday, August 15, 2005 5:27:00 AM  
Blogger Jot said...

I, for one, find the whole concept of 'political correctness' disgusting. It simply exists to discourage people from identifying things for what they really are. Don't get me wrong - I don't favor mistreatment on the basis of sex, race, etc. - but I was raised to call a spade a spade. Sometimes the truth is hard, but it's always still the truth.
We (and I accept my share of the burden) have created a generation that is simply incapable of taking personal responsibility for their actions. Everything is always someone else's fault. And it makes me sick.
When my kids were still kids, I used to tell them that everything in life - every action, every inaction - comes with a price tag. You may not pay it today, and you may not pay it tomorrow, but sooner or later the bill comes due. As I slowly recede into my 'senior' years, I feel pity for those who haven't learned that lesson. Instead, they have learned the bogus teachings of a perverse society - teachings that tell them, "It's OK. It's not your fault."
I pray that God will open the eyes of us all, for the collection agent is surely at the door - and He won't hear any of the excuses that we've woven into the fabric of this country. He'll only accept the truth.

Peace, love and a reality check...

not1jot

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
- Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 5:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home