Eklektikos: A Contemporary Christian Blog

Eklektikos is dedicated to providing informative, uplifting and inspirational news, articles and commentary to our readers, in our ongoing effort to share the love of Christ with others in this fallen world. To God be the glory! This is the blog version of our main webzine 'Eklektikos: A Contemporary Christian Digest.' Like our main webzine, this blog is updated weekly, unless circumstances require otherwise.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am the executive editor of the webzine "Eklektikos: A Contemporary Christian Digest", a tireless researcher seeking a deeper and clearer knowledge regarding the past, present and future plight of Christians in our fallen world.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Trivial Pursuit of Donkey Chasing

It is much too easy to stand and take potshots at all that is wrong with churches and denominations -- to be a naysayer. Reams are written about how we aren’t doing this or that. This is not a column meant to bash all things evangelical. I pray it is a contribution to a growing cry for the church to wake up! It is an emergency call for a sense of urgency.

Are You Chasing Donkeys?

Paul cautions in Ephesians 5:15-16 to “Pay careful attention, then, to how you walk ... making the most of the time, because the days are evil.” If we are going to walk as wise men and women we must engage our world with urgent relevance.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jot said...

Good article! I, to my own shame, must confess that I've been guilty of chasing a few donkeys myself. It is definitely time for the church to wake up - but I suppose the question I must pose to myself is this: What am I willing to do to help this happen?

Peace, love and counting the donkeys...

not1jot

"There is no glory in outstripping donkeys."
- Marcus Valerius Martialis

Sunday, August 07, 2005 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home